Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Can I be a PhD when I have poor performance in my first year of Master education


Can I be a PhD when I have poor performance in my first year of Master education?
Initially, I was quite confident that I will be able to do a doctoral work. However, I am dissatisfied with my own performance in the first year of my master study. I had a problem to keep my confidence on this matter. Any suggestion are most welcome. Thanks a lot.
Higher Education (University +) - 5 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Yes you can. All You have to do first is belive it.


2
you're not alone. many Ph.D. students are plagued by their insecurities. Never give up.


3
What I will offer you is the advice of my favorite professor when I was in my 4th year of my undergrad...She told me that no door is ever closed to you. It just might be a little harder to open. She was giving me advice about my own botched academic record. While I might not be accepted into any graduate schools based on my marks, there were plenty of things I could do- if I really wanted to get there. I could take some extra courses to improve my grades, I could enroll in a certificate program and get perfect scores to prove I was willing to work hard despite my failings in my undergraduate years, I could gain experience in the field in which I wanted to study by volunteering or helping professors with research. If you really want to do something, then you should have no trouble proving to anyone that you CAN do it!


4
This obviously means you've been in school for quite a while. maybe you're just getting burned out. Focus. Finish the master and take a break from school. Giving yourself time off in the near future would at least be a light at the end of the tunnel. Relax.. get some more work experience. Refocus yourself, make intermediate goals. When you're ready, go get your doctorate.


5
At the beginning you have to check the reason of the bad performance, then you have to solve the problem associated with this performance. Many people (even me) faced mach problems with their study especially in master, but they could overcome this problems and then get the PhD. You have to trust by your self and your abilities. Good luck

0 comments:

Post a Comment