Monday, October 22, 2012

What is a good career path for a 7th grade special education teacher with a master's degree


What is a good career path for a 7th grade special education teacher with a master's degree?
I have no desire to further my career at the high school level. I would really like to get into some type of professional job (financial aid office, recruiting etc.) at a community college, but I'm not sure how to go about doing so. Also, I'm afraid to take a pay cut. I have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration and an Alternative Master's in Special Education. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
You may want to look into Non Profits. Here's why I say it. 1. You are good with people. 2. You have the masters in Special Ed which should open doors there. Beware - you may see a pay cut as these are generally Federally sponsored jobs. Check out http://Hired911.com and search for Non Profit jobs - or use the keywords: "Special Education" Masters degree... but they may be more "teaching oriented." One last thought is doing Education in a Professional field, corporate training. You may need to be skilled in Education Building tools to enter that field.

0 comments:

Post a Comment