Wednesday, December 22, 2010

To apply for a teaching job for the alternate route program or obtaining master in education


To apply for a teaching job for the alternate route program or obtaining master in education?
I have a Major in Computer Science and minor in Mathematics and am interested in teaching Math and computers. Would that be enough or would I have to take additional math courses to be able to apply for a teaching position (after I finish taking my necessary certification tests). When they say 30 semesters of Math courses, does that also include computer science courses and science courses? Also, shoudl I go through alternate route or shoul I go towards a masters in education instead. Thank You
Teaching - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Math teachers are in demand and most systems are always looking for good ones. I would suggest that you contact the personal dept. of a school system near you and ask them. You can also ask your college advisers if you are still taking classes. I do always suggest that if you can , get your masters degree. It will increase your pay by 5,000 or more a year in many areas. I was never able to get mine, but have 12 years teaching experience.


2
it depends on what your state requires. each state is different. Florida, for example, requires certain college classes and degree plus a state exam before receiving certification.

0 comments:

Post a Comment