Friday, July 22, 2011

Master educational leadership instead of Masters of education


Master educational leadership instead of Masters of education.?
I was wondering if I got my bachelors of arts in p-4 early education, could I go on and get my masters in educational leadership instead of a masters in education. I want to be a principle one day. Also how long does it take to get a masters in ed leadership
Teaching - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Yes, you can. It's the same length master's as any other. (1 year full-time)


2
It depends on the state. In California, you would be shooting yourself in the foot. A masters would mean you have way too many units and you would cost too much to hire. However, in many states you have to have a masters. Also, you will likely need extra education for your administrative license. So, get your teaching license, get a job, then decide. If you want to be a principal some day, get the educational leadership masters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment