Friday, July 1, 2011

Can I pursue a Master of Science in Education although my undergraduate degree was not in education


Can I pursue a Master of Science in Education although my undergraduate degree was not in education?
I don't have a Bachelors Degree in Education but I have received a State Teaching Certificate and I am currently teaching. Can I pursue a Master of Science Education although my undergraduate degree was not in education. I am currently certified and teaching so doesn't that qualify me to pursue a Master of Science in Education. I don't want to obtain the degree and my work be in vain.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
No problemo. Most Masters are in fact conversion degrees to qualify you in an area different from your undergrad. The most famous example is an MBA. And guess what - education is one of those most. Know heaps of people who had an undergrad in all sorts of things like biochemistry but did a Masters to become teachers. Didn't' like teaching though and left - but that's another story. Thanks Bill

0 comments:

Post a Comment