Sunday, April 8, 2012

Should I get a Masters in education or sociology


Should I get a Masters in education or sociology?
I am currently getting my BA in social science with a concentration in education and I am thinking about a minor in sociology. So I would like to know what I should master in; education or sociology. I do plan on getting my phd in one or the other, but I don't know what would be the best option. I want to be able to be a professor at a college/university teaching sociology. All help would be greatly appreciated.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
sociology, especially with specifications with young or old. anything related to baby boomers will be a sure money maker. right now i am majoring in public realtions, but i plan to go to grad school for masters in public health administration so i can run a hospital. hollla!


2
In order to teach at a decent college or university, you will need a PhD in your field, which would be sociology. Don't bother with a degree in education, they are known for being pretty worthless because education graduate programs are notoriously easy to get into with very low requirements for admission. You might be able to teach community college or a very low-quality school with only a Master's, but if you want to teach at a good college/university just go get your PhD now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment