Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Questions about education and social work master's


Questions about education and social work master's?
I was a biology major, and switched to sociology, and am minoring in psychology. I hope to grab one more minor before I finish, religion. So I will have my Bachelor's in Sociology, minor in psychology and religion. I will be graduating with a 3.1-3.2. It would have been higher without biology dragging it down. I would have loved to have been a social work and education major, but it didn't work out that way. wasn't meant. I want to do social work and education. I was wondering is there a way I could double major, in social work and education. What jobs are open to me with just a sociology bachelor's? With a social work master's? Eventually if I took a break and wanted to be a middle or high school teacher, how many years of schooling would I need. What kind of degree? Just an education master's. I'm thinking of teaching either english or history, one day.
Other - Education - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I'm assuming you are asking about a joint MSW/Med and not doing a second "major"? There is one program that might fit your eclectic interests: http://artsci.wustl.edu/~jines/jointdegree.htm In general if you are going to want to teach you will need a teaching certificate in teaching (in the area and age level) you want to teach in. Doing a joint degree will take 2-3 years. Getting a teaching certificate can usually be done in one year. DA

0 comments:

Post a Comment